• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is the Magnex backbox restrictive?

On a recent trip down the Autobahn i took the below pic. No if u look at the rev counter its no where near the redline....the car just would not pull anymore, and felt restricted. The only mods i have are a AEM CAI ( so troubles with getting air rammed in) and a magnex backbox and was wondering if this was the cause?

Speedo.jpg

not overly fussed as i will probly only do that sort of thing once a year, but just wondering if anyone had any insite inot this?

I get that easy with my mods mate, but no 2 speedo's read the same.

This is what I get everytime 8) :

58c4809c.jpg

It's a bit blurry but you get the idea! I get it of the clock as well.

The back box itself might not be that restrictive but the rest of the exhaust is if it's stock fella.

The Stock back box is apprently good for 300hp so i guess the magnex should be ok.

HASNIC said:
The back box itself might not be that restrictive but the rest of the exhaust is if it's stock fella.

The Stock back box is apprently good for 300hp so i guess the magnex should be ok.

then why could i not even make the quoted top speed of the CTR bearing in mind that my CTR speedo at 130mph over reads by 10 mpg acording to my road angle gps speed? :?

Black R said:
HASNIC said:

then why could i not even make the quoted top speed of the CTR bearing in mind that my CTR speedo at 130mph over reads by 10 mpg acording to my road angle gps speed? :?

Good be anything from slight headwind or your engine needs to loosen up a bit etc... but as Pete says it does take bloody ages to reach Vmax.

HASNIC said:
Black R said:
HASNIC said:

Good be anything from slight headwind or your engine needs to loosen up a bit etc... but as Pete says it does take bloody ages to reach Vmax.

On stock yes mate but apart from that I would have to disagree. Mine tops out 152 MPH GPS and I pass 146 easy. Past that then I need a downhill streth!

Back