• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is this a good price?

Car: EP3
NCB: 7+ years (Protected)
License: 10+ years
Mods: Filter, Tints, Front Lip, Grill, Bonnet, Mid-Pipe Exhaust
Cover: Full Comp'

===============================

£674

This is with Elephant who I've been with for the last 2 years. I know it depends on a lot of other factors, but are others insurers like A-Plan etc likely to be cheaper?

Cheers! :)

Seems a bit steep to me, but depends on where the car is kept, mileage, your job, postcode etc etc.

Defo worth a phone call here & there imo.
Try Greenlight, they beat my renewal by almost £250.

Thanks.. I'm a civil/structural engineer... for some reason, my premium goes down when I add my wife to the policy! :confused:

I'll give greenlight a call then...

Any others? Whos currently cheapest these days?

I need a some quick advice as my policy expires tomorrow! :eek: Cheers lads!

That does sound alot, im 25 1Year NCB and 3 points and i got quoted 800ish for a JDM EP3 with Admiral

Chillip

My stats are very similar and i'm only paying something like £450 with A-Plan.

Been with Greenlight for the last 3 years but they couldnt beat that- renewal came in at £650- £110 MORE than last year :confused:

Chillip

My stats are very similar and i'm only paying something like £450 with A-Plan.

Been with Greenlight for the last 3 years but they couldnt beat that- renewal came in at £650- £110 MORE than last year :confused:

hey mate, did you have to haggle to get £450? They usually ask whats your best quote so far etc...

A-Plan just quote me £539! £250 excess, with mods and including my wife.

Said I'd call them back as soon as I've checked out the other companies! :cool:

hey mate, did you have to haggle to get £450? They usually ask whats your best quote so far etc...

No- i just gave them my details (including teh missus) and they came out with that after asking what my best quote has been.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my company Sky Insurance as we are very competitiive with most Type R's and we offer a 20% discount to members of this club ;)

As above, try Sky mate.

I've been given a great quote by Lifesure, may be worth a try too.

0871 726 1235 is their number I think.

Just got off the phone...

Sky was very competitive £515 (said was their bestest-bestest quote! :lol: )

LifeSure said they wouldn't bother quoting me as they wouldn't be able to get anywhere near that.:lol:

Called A-Plan back who said £500 so I went with them. Not bad for the cost of a few phone calls! Cheers lads!:smt023

Just got off the phone...

Sky was very competitive £515 (said was their bestest-bestest quote! :lol: )

LifeSure said they wouldn't bother quoting me as they wouldn't be able to get anywhere near that.:lol:

Called A-Plan back who said £500 so I went with them. Not bad for the cost of a few phone calls! Cheers lads!:smt023

Thats a shame, we may have matched it seeing as there was only a very small amount of difference :(

Always different with different people. My renewal with A-Plan came through the post today - over £4000 due to my claim :lol::lol::lol:

Lifesure wanted £1800 but I've still got another three weeks to hunt around. Yes I'm nuts paying that, so don't bother telling me :D

Also with Elephant if you have any mods and they get damaged in a prang, they only replace them with stock parts IIRC.

Back