• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jacking up the car safely?

As above. Where should one jack the car up in order to place axle stands under the normal jacking points along the sills under the side skirts?

Was thinking somewhere on the subframe on the front and wishbones/suspension area along the back. If anyone has advice or photos that would be useful to the thread.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about if you want to put the axle stands under the designated jacking points along the sill? I saw a video of a guy jacking up the subframe area then putting the stands under each side, but is there a specific area you should use? Ta. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can jack the front up using the subframe from memory. There is an arrow marking the position if you look under the bumper. I used this to jack up and then had axle stands under the sill area as you mention.
Again from memory, the hook can be used at the rear but you would need a high lift jack.
I think there may be pictures in the handbook.

Back