• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

jumping out of gear

dunno if this is the right section but.....

in 1st gear and dump the clutch at say 4k + revs the wheels will spin a bit the car will go pretty much nowhere then it'll jump into neutral. is this meant to happen or is something amiss???

It's the torque moving the engine on the mounts, the engine is attached to the gearbox, thus the linkage is moved causing it to jump out of gear.
Just as a side note, driveshafts, clutch and any number of other components won't last long if you dump the clutch at 4k rpm ;)

Does this only happen when you dump the clutch or does it also happen when you set off normally?

nah it's sweet pulling away normally and when pulling away normal then flooring it. only does it under heavy launches

i thought it might be the engine movement on the gearbox but it's got stiffened mounts so i thought it might not be that???

i'm not worried by it i mean the clutch, gears etc everything is fine

Mine started jumping out of gear under harsh acceleration but that was after it had dumped all its gear oil out on to the race track, with out me knowing at the time:eek:

Back