• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-Pro mapping advise needed.

I am buying my mates K-Pro off hime next week, he currently has AEM induction and a Spoon N1 + Spoon B pipe, I have a Tanabe SMR catback and Blitz induction. The question is will the K-Pro need to be re-mapped or will the current map be ok for me.

Should be okay as long as you do not boot it, on the Hondata website there are a few maps that might be closer to your mods.

As you both have exhaust and induction you should be ok.

If you're concerned (although I honestly think there is no need for concern), hook a laptop up to your car and do a datalog, check for knocks. If it's running too lean it'll light up like a Christmas Tree. If that is the case just upload the standard CTR map to your car.

Do you get maps from the Hondata site ??, do you think I might run lean with my mods as apposed to my mates ?. Also I presume our keys will need to be re-coded. This ECU was originally fitted and mapped by CPL, was it a standard map ??, or would it have been mapped on the rollers ??, sorry for all the questions but really trying to understand the product before it is installed.

The likelyhood is that it was mapped, if you PM me the customers name i'll look back through our records and let you know.

Back