• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K2 update - For Guy at CPL

tp

K2 update.

After all the fuss of the other week about why I didnÂ’t fit the K2Â’s I purchased due to the pitting that was seen on the cams I can now give an update.

I recently saw a pair that were manufactured in the same batch as the ones I had and were set number 29 out or 30. Mine were 9 and 10.
Under close inspection none of these showed any signs of the deep pitting seen in the photoÂ’s I took from the sets I had.
I also saw some of the new ones that Guy has of the latest batch and the design has changed slightly. The chemical etching and fancy embossing that you see on the IPS website isnÂ’t present on the new cams but just a scribed mark on the end identifying the cam type. Ron did point out in an email that this etching process may have contributed to the damage we saw and has been acted upon.

I still stand by all my original statements that the cams do make their claimed figures and have never denied that, it just seems there was a mistrust as a competitor gained a set of these cams for testing and the finger was pointed at me as I hadnÂ’t fitted mine but have been flying the Toda flag. :(

Back