• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k20 300whp

300WHP would be some 345BHP at the crank - I don't believe that can be done all motor in a 2.0l K20.

Seano

Can be done OK - let's face it, you can get 750bhp out of a normally aspirated 2.4L engine (as in F1). Problem is the huge costs involved and the fact that the spec would be so wild that a) it wouldn't make for a pleasurable road car and b) it would probably need a rebuild every few hundred miles or so. As others have said, probably best to add some more cubes to develop reliable, affordable power :)

but with the k24 block, i can not make so much rpm that k20, correct... and i need other parts to make a frank is not pug and play

cheers

Incorrect, the ability of an engine to rev is vastly based on the 'squareness' of the engine/stroke. By stroking an engine you are taking further away from square and so revs will naturally drop.

The K24, (no doubt someone will correct me and then repeat what I say a few posts later again) is pretty damn close to square, if not perfectly square... and so should rev almost as well, the only real difference being the increased resistance in the cylinder bores due to increased piston diameter.

K24 franky is definately not plug and play. Getting 300whp N/A from any k20 is not plug and play.

The k20 is 86mm bore and 86mm stroke, (like you said Hazz 'square') thats why you can rev the **** out of them from the factory :D

The K24 has a 99mm crank, revs to about 7600rpm stock and 9k with aftermarket rods etc

A compromise is to use a modified S2000 crankshaft with custom rods in a k20 block.... aka the BC / Toda stroker kit, this gives you a 92mm stroke and just under 2.2L

With regard to a 300whp k20... I've never seen one?

Me neither!

I've seen a few 2.0 l expensive 300+ BHP at the crank K20's though generally for high end motorsport use where the regs don't allow you to increase displacement beyond 2.0 l.

Neil Brown will sell you one or Ian at Clockwise for a lot less, but they have one thing in common - not cheap.

Yes you can beef up the K24 rods, and have light pistons and fancy rings, but Honda didn't design or build the block with the intention of very high piston speeds.

The S2000 engine is generally regarded as one of the highest piston speed production engines ever, has a very special crystaline structure bore which allows it to rev to 9.5K.

You don't have that on K24 and your piston speed is going to be way higher @ 9.5K than an S2000

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Back