• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20A Blown Up!

A friend of a friend owns a DC5 and has recently popped the engine. It shed a piston ring and smashed the spark plug on No.2 cylinder, possibly damaging the valves seats in the process!

Can anybody confirm that with a Hondata the vacuum hose to the Fuel Pressure Regulator should still be connected? I said it should be and this could be the cause of the engine failure.

The owner would like to remain anonymous for the time being, hence why I'm asking the question on his behalf.:eek:

I'd appreciate anyones feedback on this.

Regards

As far as I'm aware mate, the Hondata ECU is just a plug and play jobbie, bar the obvious mapping. Why not call Paul at System R?

Thanks Chris. Can anybody confirm that with a Hondata the Fuel Pressure Regulator Vacuum hose should be fitted? I'm convinced this is the cause of the failure and therefore may have some come back. The fuelling would have been severly effected making the engine run lean.

The pipe the vacuum hose connects to has been snapped off and was never mentioned to the Teg owner.

Back