• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kidd racing manifold

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a manifold of a mate. Was just wondering if any of you knew weather or not a Kidd racing manifold would connect up to the cat on the car or if you have to use the de-cat they provide???

Thanks for the comments.

By looking at your avatar I assume you have a EP3.

The manifold on a EP3 is diffenet to teh more comman 2 piece JDM ones, which most aftermarket manifolds are designed for.

I've never heard of Kidd, what sort of system is it, is it a all in one, which replaces teh cat, or is it just a top 4-2 piece, which would then connect to the JDM 2-1, or a de-cat.

With the K20 engines, the cat is part of teh manifold system, not after the cat and part of the B pipe.

So any manifold that you buy for a EP3 UKDM will have to be a special design to accomodate the lower cat part or will miss it out altogther and just connect to teh B pipe, like most aftermarket manifolds.

If you want my advise, and your thinking of changing your manifold, go for a system that takes out the cat completly, as you will get much more BHP for your £ that way. TODA make superb mani's, the DC sports one is alos very good.

Bare in mind that any manifold mods will more than likly require a remap and a aftermarket ECU, so that will bump the cost up also.

Yeah thanks Suits.

It's weird it comes in pieces and you have to assemble it. Thought there might be a problem with the the JDM swap over.

Sadly i have a Spoon exhaust so i'm not a massive fan of the DC-Mani as it will be loud and i hear it can crack a lot.

Toda would be a dream but i'm not made of money sadly.

Yeah the re-map is in the back of mind and i know it needs doing just don't get my bonus till April.

Have to hold of i guess:(

Springs instead :D

Back