• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

knocking from front end

Hi bought my type r a few weeks ago it's got a loud knocking from front end bloke said it was anti roll linkages so I put new ones on No difference so I put new track rod ends on still there , there steering rack was stiff and wouldn't self centre so today I replaced that with a rack off a 04 type r . Sufferings is now good but knocking still there. Looks like shocks are new and can't seem to find play anywhere it's just passed mot.. if I hit speed bump it's all good but if there are lots of little bumps the knocking is so loud gtp like the front end is gonna fall off ,top bearings look good arms looks good anyone with any ideas ? Any help would be great

Make sure everything is tight.

I had a phantom knock, changed Track-Rods, Dampers, Ball-Joints and Top-Mounts. In the end it was a brand new drop-link that wasn't tight enough.

Have you checked the top-mounts? Their quite common.

I had this turnt out to be the wishbone main bolt had come undone a turn or 2 which allowed slight movement on the wishbone easy fix just tighten.

Back