• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

KPro issue

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
OK I had my lappy on the KPro for the first time today and I changed the folling things on the map:

• Changed rev limit from 8800 to 8600 RPM
  • Enabled MIL flashing when knock is detected
  • Enable VTEC Oil Pressure sensor (no idea why this was disabled)

Now I have the following problems:

1) When in second gear and the revs are about 1500 and less, the car will kangaroo as if the fuelling is messed up. Does this when hot and obviously when cold. Will only stop if I disengage the clutch and change back to first. Quite annoying when I'm approaching a junction and a change to first isn't necessary.

2) When the car is fully warmed up and it's idling at 750, and I blip the throttle, the revs will rise to about 1200, then the engine will change note slightly and rise at a different rate as if there is a second press of the gas pedal even though there isn't.

3) How accurate it the DC5's rev counter? I wanted to take the car to the limiter to check the upper limit was working, but the needle was well on the way into the red and almost at 9000 rpm and no limiter. I know this is bad practice, but I wanted to check. I changed gear from fear of ever revving.

Chris, If i was you i would download a stock map for the K20 and run that to see if that helps, might just be the map you are using is not suited to your car.

then maybe try a few different maps from other DC5 owners

Have you used the same version of Kmanager to that of the original map.

Downloading map onto a different version of Kmanager and then reloading on to ECU can have some strange effects.

yep i think u downloaded a map and then edited and uploaded... = very bad! changes loads settings...

get a stock map on asap

Don't want to run a stock map due to the mods. Trying to get hold of a map from another teg owner with same mods to run untill I sort mine out.

MilanoChris said:
Don't want to run a stock map due to the mods. Trying to get hold of a map from another teg owner with same mods to run untill I sort mine out.

Stock map will be safest imo

MilanoChris said:
On my mods. Wouldn't it run far too lean?

It might run lean thinking about it tbh, maybe try not to drive it too much & defo don't VTEC it till you get it sorted.

Did you save your old map before changing, could you change it back until you get a better map.

Friendy said:
Did you save your old map before changing, could you change it back until you get a better map.

It wouldn't make much difference if I did mate since it was downloaded of the ECU by a newer version of KManager and would have to be uploaded again :(

Chris - you could try K20a-itr.kal which comes with k-manager ;

According to the kal notes ;

ITR with Toda header, Injen intake, Mugen twin loop exhaust, stock ITR cams

Should be OK to try on yours.

Definately sounds like the old download thing. I did the same early on, download, tick flash MIL etc turn on OBDII, upload - car won't start, CEL light on, dials reading strange values.

I believe the later versions on k-manager are much better with this.

Dissable oil pressure sensor and try again. :wink:

Edit: Forgot to mention that the JDM ECU's are different from the Euro ones and there are a couple of extra click box's and AF things that apply that dont normally on a CTR. 8)

TP, I mailed you my map mate. When you get a chance I'd be greatfull if you'd have a look through and advise if any of the settings in the parameters require changing.

Problem solved. Thanks for the help TP.

Was the oil pressure thingy. Also I've upped the idle to 850 and it's all sweet now.

Cheers guys.

MilanoChris said:
  • Changed rev limit from 8800 to 8600 RPM
  • Enabled MIL flashing when knock is detected
  • Enable VTEC Oil Pressure sensor (no idea why this was disabled)

1/ Yes thats Fine
2/ Yes fine again
3/ Leave this disabled as this function is not supported on a K20A

Andy

Glad you got it sorted :D

Have you actually managed to make the changes you wanted (apart from the oil pressure) and successfully uploaded it so it runs the new rev limit etc?

Yep. Idle now set at 850, rev limit is at 8600, and knock sensor and MIL flash when knock occurs is on too.

Back