• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro map vs Honda OEM map

I will eventually go down the kpro route and totally understand that getting my car mapped will undoubtedly give the best results but I was wondering about those who people who run pre-set maps.

As every engine is different performance-wise will Honda map each car given the fact that the ECU does not have individual programming abilities. I am assuming the ECU will work within the tolerance set by Honda?

If that is the case running a pre-set map will be the same as the current ECU (governed by the same tolerances) but with the benefit of kpro features, of course!

I am 99% sure Honda will use a standard map for all their production cars based in the same market location. It wont be tailored to each car off the production line.

Thats why some dealers will reload a standard map sometimes in the event of ECU troubles.

So in theory using a base map in kpro for the mods you have done will be just as effective and will not cause any running issues.

The current ECU has the ability to 'learn' new settings will kpro take this automatic function away as a manual adjustment?

Back