• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Louder Backboxes

Dynax

The Babysitter
Currently have a 4.5" Slash Cut Jap Style Back-box....

For me to insure a cat-back on my car, it'll cost me £122 just up until december, which is around £500-600 for a year (off top of my head). This is abit expensive for next to nothing gains.

I want a louder exhaust without buying a mid pipe...Anyone know of a loud backbox?

How come the insurance is so much mate?

I'd probably say what you've got, or maybe a buddyclub backbox, I don't know if that would fit onto your standard midpipe though.

Im 17 ;) Insurance kills :)

Thats why im trying to go only backbox route, but its fairly quiet unless you have windows down...Its louder than stock, but just not loud enough for me ;)

Was thinking, would a magnex be louder? Apparnetly the oval's are more 'tuneable' according to a powerflow dealer

Want it to make a noise ;)

Drive with the windows up, i get nothing apart from a 'ticky' 1.4 engine ;)

I'd rather have something with abit of sound to it.

I understand no backbox will make a really loud noise (which isnt what i want anyway)...Just want something that adds 'tone' to the car, so you can hear it.

Ahh right that explains the insurance cost :D

I don't think the magnex backboxs are particualry loud, only when coupled with a custom midpipe. I'd say stick with what you've got.

Back