• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering in Bournemouth area

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm looking at getting my ep3 lowered on springs and was just wondering the best place to get it done relatively locally. And also what are the best springs to buy and where to get them from? I'm looking at lowering about 25 - 30mm so will anything else need doing apart from swapping springs? Sorry if these are obvious questions as I'm a bit of a noob to all this haha. Cheers James

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm looking at getting my ep3 lowered on springs and was just wondering the best place to get it done relatively locally. And also what are the best springs to buy and where to get them from? I'm looking at lowering about 25 - 30mm so will anything else need doing apart from swapping springs? Sorry if these are obvious questions as I'm a bit of a noob to all this haha. Cheers James

If you are only dropping 30mm you will be ok without replacing the rear camber arms and front camber bolts mate.. Most popular for a 30 drop are the abp eibach springs, personally I have apex. I'd say most garages will do it for you but it is max a days work to do yourself if you are reasonably spanner handy.. Plenty of how to's knocking around.. :)

So it will be literally just springs that I need? And either eibach or apex springs will do I take it mate? And I would do my I work a lot of hours and haven't really got the spare time. A days work could take me 3 weeks haha so I would rather just get it done as quick as possible. Thanks for the advice mate

you wont need camber bolts or arms, however the tollerences on production werent very strict meaning when lowered the car can have extreme camber on the tyres increasing wear, i personally would get it lowered get the adjustable arms and bolts put on and take it to be alligned. :)

A days work max, the main problem I had was tight bolts especially on the backs.. There are loads like spax, tein, etc... But the eibach seem most popular, the apex were 40 squids cheaper hence me buying them lol..but yeah just springs will be fine..

Ok then thats cool. So where would be the best place to get the springs and camber arms and bolts. Just need to know the best place to look as I am a bit of a novice haha

Depends on your budget mate.. Camber arms will cost nearly as much as springs new, frsu more than springs.. If you have the money do it all... Check abp for the stuff..

Well I would rather get it done properly if I'm honest. And if it isn't done properly the tyres wear more. And I've heard there quite good but being in crewe it's the other end of the country for me and would rather get parts more local and fitted. Just peace of mind really. Does anyone know of a decent garage/ parts place in the Bournemouth or dorset area

Back