• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Major Service & some Issues & what warranty

Hi My O4 is going in for its first major service and Mot end of month, I am getting a vibration under the car, After reading other threads the heat shield keeps being mentions, the car has been to honda 3 or 4 times now and its still its there, any other ideas. I am also getting at slow speeds when pulling out of car parks etc a load clunking noise sound like all the suspension mounts on the car go clunk (cars not been in a accident)

Has anyone taking out the Honda extended warranty, I have been looking at warrantywise.co.uk as seems to cover everything honda does and cover wear and tear, anyone bought the warranty after 3 years?

Cheers MikeyP aka Sh!t Twigs:eek:

Having a quick read I will find out as much as I can about warrantywise, I found them via links and they have been recommended by various reputable magazines as a sound company, and it wasnt a offer they where doing with them either, its about the same price as honda but wear and tear is very appealing.

Hi My O4 is going in for its first major service and Mot end of month, I am getting a vibration under the car, After reading other threads the heat shield keeps being mentions, the car has been to honda 3 or 4 times now and its still its there, any other ideas. I am also getting at slow speeds when pulling out of car parks etc a load clunking noise sound like all the suspension mounts on the car go clunk (cars not been in a accident)

Has anyone taking out the Honda extended warranty, I have been looking at warrantywise.co.uk as seems to cover everything honda does and cover wear and tear, anyone bought the warranty after 3 years?

Cheers MikeyP aka Sh!t Twigs:eek:

Have you booked it in with me at Brayley in Hemel?

Please call me after lunch from today and I will tell you all about these guarantees. Incidentally the wear and tear part does not apply to things like brake pads, clutches etc or if they do I will be very surprised. The Honda guarantee is far more comprehensive.

Dave

OK, just been on Warrantywise web site and got a quote for a 2004 Type R, with wear and tear and main dealer rates and the price is

£344.80

or without wear and tear

£288.40

Almost the same price as Hondacare but with the added bonus that you will have to get authority to do a claim on the Warrantywise policy.

Also Hondacare, and the dealer will not charge you and let you recover your money from the administrators.

FYI

If your car is still under 3 years old, you can have a similar wear and tear policy added to the standard Hondacare and there are no excesses according to mileages etc and the policy prices are very similar to what you have been quoted on the warrantywise web site.

Back