• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Manifold clean

Does anyone know the best way to clean all the little black marks of the manifold and get it looking really clean, is autoglym machine cleaner and a toothbrush and warm water the best way or is there any other little tricks.

Gunk or an alternative engine degreaser (I use autoglym). Cover up all elecrtical connections with cellothane wrap, spray on degreaser... leave 5 minutes, spray on again and work in with an old tooth brush/light wire brush, spray again and then wash off. Done.

I used a brass wire brush on a dremel (when I say dremel, it was a rubbish and weak battery powered knock off thing). Mine came up really nicely.

As Hazz said, engine degreaser works a treat too, I use gunk foam.

Thats great guys cheers, does the paint come off it at all or can i go to work on it scrubbing.

The only thing you need to be careful with is the rocker cover, as the paint can get quite flakey when it's aged. Best to avoid any flakey looking areas alltogether.

Ive noticed on some rocker covers the paint has completly come off, does any know any reputable companys that paint rocker covers. or can you but new or after market.

Think Jimbo (above your post) may well do them!! If not, Spooner Restorations in the traders section, he did mine with an OEM crinkle red.

I don't do cam covers, wouldn't want to encroach on Spooner's territory!

In all seriousness, Spooner is a bit of a legend when it comes to painting cam covers. I'm tempted to send him mine!

Back