• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

manifold vibrating

hey im new to this site, ive had my type r for 3 weeks now. when im reversing or pulling away i get a slite vibration and i have read that it could be the manifold cover that says vtec on it, could you guys please tell me a simple mod to stop this problem, it is very annoying lol ve tried putting some washers with the screws to raise it but i still get a slight vibration, thanks in advance Jay

I had a rattling noise that sounded as if it was coming from behind the glove box, it was in fact the intake manifold cover.

Just bung a couple of washers between it and the mount.

The only rattle I have now is at 3,000~3,500rpm and I think it is the heat shield on the exhaust manifold, I have finally booked it in to be looked at.

ive already put 2 washers underneath each screw, do you think it will need more then that to sort the problem lads?

Are you sure its not a heatshield of some variety? The VTEC cover only tends to rattle at around 4.5k RPM. The manifold heatshield can rattle as can the driveshaft heatshield.

To rule out the plastic inlet manifold cover just take it off and drive it without, that way you'll know 100% if its that or not. :wink:

Back