• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Result

hi All,

Unsure if this is the right place to post this, but thought i would share the results of the Meguires Ultimate was and Wax in case anyone is thinking of picking a bottle up.

I've used AutoGlym for a while since my dad can get it free, but I decided to go and get some Meguires, the result is as shown!:

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about buying this. Halfords are currently doing 3 for 2, so i picked this, a Meguires wash mit and Meguires Wash and Wax anywhere (saving it for Japfest).

Unfortunately, due to the last owner, the car still has swirl marks and scraches from car washes, but i plan on either polishing it myself next month, or having a detailing company sort it for me.

Cheers,

Looks good! I just bought 5ltr of car chem shampoo for £20 which gives you over 400 washes. I'd have a go at polishing it yourself matey, it's pretty easy and if your doing it by hand just use SRP as it's still one of the best hand polishes around

Looks good! I just bought 5ltr of car chem shampoo for £20 which gives you over 400 washes. I'd have a go at polishing it yourself matey, it's pretty easy and if your doing it by hand just use SRP as it's still one of the best hand polishes around

Thanks mate!
I am thinking more towards polishing it myself, never trust leaving my car at garages!
Only problem is some pretty bad stone chips, and im worried, that polishing it may make the paint worse, so may need it touched up first!

Yes that the only drawback it can make deep scratches and chips stick out like a sore thumb. I machine polished my wife's black fn2 and because all the paint in the bonnet was a deep glossy black every little stone chip could easily be seen. With red you would probably get away with it though, give it a go you would harm the paint by doing so.

Back