• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mixed views

Need some advice guys my ep3 i have just de cated and next im putting an 02 simulator on to turn engine ligh off
But im being told bu some people thats all i need to do

And others sayin kpro and a re map ill need not to damage engine

Any thoughts

I'm set to be in the same boat

The o2 extender only costs a £10 ish and people say it has worked for them

Some say it won't work, and you need an o2 simulator to plug into the wiring of 2nd lambda

You will always be told to get kpro as it is the best solution and makes most out of the mod

Just a shame it's like £900 fitted and mapped!

Try spacer, then sim, then worst case kpro at some point

As for engine damage, anything possible when you alter it from standard

But my ep hit 11.4 on the dynos lambda probe

So it's fairly rich at high rpm to protect the engine

You will move the AFR even further away from optimal, it will stink, you'll will spend more money on fuel and ultimately experience no benefit.

Surely a decat will be similar to fitting an uprated air intake, as the ep3's run rich standard it will lean it out more giving more power. However if the car already has an air intake or cat back it will lean out too much and have a negative effect. Just my 10 pence :)

Decats are a waste of time, money, & effort on EP3's. Unless it's a full race header with a remap.

As everyone else has said a decatted K20 is pointless. Unless its mapped and if your gonna map it you might aswell get a decent exhaust manifold.

Without dyno graphs of before, after and after a remap, all with supporting AFR readings that is all hot air to me I'm afraid.

I've seen cars with race headers fitted, no sim and EMLs on pulling 220 bhp on the dyno but they also had scary AFRs.

If you want to run a race header without a proper remap that is your choice, I wouldn't do it however and neither would I recommend it to anyone on here. ;)

Back