• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modding Guide

Although this idea may come a wee bit late considering the EP3 is being replaced soon, I think it would be very useful to have a near-comprehesive list of modifications for the CTR or other type-rs.

I would imagine having a table of modifications for both performance and cosmetic mods categorised in terms of type (induction, exhaust, ecu etc)

The table could feature:

1. A column which gives an "indication" as to what power gains or advantages can be expected from that mod. I say "indication" to avoid debates over power gains etc. :wink:

2. A column with owner ratings/comments with a poll e.g. out of 5 stars

3. An indicative price column or current cheapest place to get it

4. A link to any "How-to" guides for that mod

5. Thumbnail photo

6. Additional info/remarks

Not sure if this is possible or feasible but for newbies or those new to a particular type of mod it would be great to have a near-complete (or at least a constantly updated) list of all the mods available for the EP3/DC2/DC5 and to see at a glance whether it was within budget etc. It would save peeps having to start unnecessary threads or searching endlessly for a something quite simple.

If the list could be updated by all members I think it would be a great asset to the forum, and perhaps a similar thing can be done for the forthcoming CTR.

Can this be done or is a bit ambitous? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Probably a bit amibitous, but a good idea still, someone with a bit of time might wana do it? :)

It's a great idea and certainly possible... but it's a large undertaking and I haven't got the time to code it up right now. Sorry guys! :( I would imagine that Al does not have the time for such a feature right now, either.

All the same, it's a good idea and one that has been noted. :smt023

Well, the mod list would almost be limitless and would be a massive undertaking, it would take me a good few weeks just to catalogue everything i could find for the DC2 covering all aspects of tuning. I might start doing it as and when in an excel format or something so it's easier to handle?

HASNIC said:
Well, the mod list would almost be limitless and would be a massive undertaking, it would take me a good few weeks just to catalogue everything i could find for the DC2 covering all aspects of tuning. I might start doing it as and when in an excel format or something so it's easier to handle?

Now the Excel spreadsheet idea is a good one, Nick...

If a format for the document could be agreed then members (with Excel) could happily contribute to the document. Ok, it might involve a bit of cutting and pasting into a 'master' document but, in theory, it's a more feasible idea than writing a custom-coded system for the site. :smt023

Thanks for considering it guys.

I think if a skeleton can be set up similar to the garage section we have here then members can do the work of populating it.

Using excel is a great idea as long as the data is kept in the forum, the last thing we want is other sites pirating the hard work.

R20190 said:
Thanks for considering it guys.

I think if a skeleton can be set up similar to the garage section we have here then members can do the work of populating it.

Using excel is a great idea as long as the data is kept in the forum, the last thing we want is other sites pirating the hard work.

If it's in the form of an Excel spreadsheet it's fairly easy to parse that and create a web page or two from it. I could then code up an access page that only allows members access to that information. It's certainly a possibility, but getting the Excel spreadsheet going first is key. :smt023

As a Newbie, only having had my EP3 for six months and only just getting into modding, this sounds like a potentially awsome resource. I particularly like the idea that members of the site could rate their experiences / opinions of the mods. It would be a mahoosive task setting it up though...

Christ, just spotted the date on the previous post!! Did anything ever come of this suggestion?

Christ, just spotted the date on the previous post!! Did anything ever come of this suggestion?

It's a massive undertaking which very few people are going to have the time to put together, and you'll get people disagreeing over various bits when all the same info is available through the site. It might take a bit of digging, but clever use of the search facility can normally find an answer, and if not then that's the time to whack a question up and someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

The only time you might not get the response you're looking for is if the question has been asked lots of times before, and can easily be found with a quick search:)

Cheers, The site is great (and massive!). As mentioned, I am getting right into it! I can fully appreciate how long it would take to set up a spreadsheet, and the potential for personal opinions to screw it up a bit! In principle a nice idea, but with all aspects covered elsewhere and with the site so well mapped out it would be a bit repetitious... a bit repetitious... a bit repetitious...

Cheers, The site is great (and massive!). As mentioned, I am getting right into it! I can fully appreciate how long it would take to set up a spreadsheet, and the potential for personal opinions to screw it up a bit! In principle a nice idea, but with all aspects covered elsewhere and with the site so well mapped out it would be a bit repetitious... a bit repetitious... a bit repetitious...

Spot on dude:cool:

We might/maybe/possibly/could look into a brief overview for each section to cover the basic options but from past experience people don't pay any attention to FAQ type things, and will just ask the question anyway, which is mildly frustrating when you've spent hours writing bits up for the benefit of the forum:lol:

Everythings here if you look for it, thanks to the site I have probably saved a fortune... I mean I was going to get redstuff pads and EBC disks fitted, but now I know better! Same story with the typhoon induction kit!!

Everythings here if you look for it, thanks to the site I have probably saved a fortune... I mean I was going to get redstuff pads and EBC disks fitted, but now I know better! Same story with the typhoon induction kit!!

Glad it's helped you out:cool:

Back