• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modding noob tme

I've got a bit of money to spend on my ep3 and looking to getting it going a bit quicker, what will I need to buy to get the results I'm after?
If I'm buying an exhaust I'm guessing I need more than a back box, what and where should I be looking?
Same question goes for intakes and getting a kpro ecu, I really don't know anything and I'm looking for any advice I can get.
Thanks in advance

Best advice would be to read many of the Members Car threads as what you have posted has been asked many many times before (probably why I'm the first to reply!).

Exhausts are a personal thing, but you'll be looking cat back at a minimum and go up to 2.5" bore initially. You don't need any bigger unless you plan to push the boundaries later on.

Intakes again are personal preference, and there is pretty much an entire forum section on the discussion. :smt023

Forget intake and exhaust, just no. Step away from engine mods.

My advice for you is get some Eibach lowering springs, some adjustable camber arms, and get a full geometry set up done. Professionally.

Get the thing to handle properly before you go down the power route.

Also bear in mind, that all mods will eventually need to be mapped, for this you will need a programmable ECU, and around a 800 quid for a days dyno time.

What Tom said.

Personally I think EP3's have more than enough power for the road. Make it handle and brake better first. It'll be more fun.

A mate of mine has a stock EP3 and when he drove mine with a FRSU he couldn't belive the difference.

Totally agree with Tom and Allen however I can appreciate that some people want a bit of noise and drama from a car so look to exhausts and intakes. If I had an EP3 again, it would be GruppeM and Kakimoto personally, because their exhaust sounded fantastic on my old FD2.

If you are modding purely to improve the car, then yes do the FRSU first!

Sorry to hijack the thread, another Newb Here so pardon the daft question but what is FRSU?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack the thread, another Newb Here so pardon the daft question but what is FRSU?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Fast road set up.
I'm in the south west so where would be a good place to go? The only place I know near me is tar performance but know nothing about them.

It's not quite south west, but TGM in fleet have a superb reputation.

You'd think with the OPs username that he'd be able to use the search function. :lol:

Back