• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MOT Query

Riflez said:
Will a wiper blade thats slightly split (1cm) on the edge fail?

Good question, my passenger side is split about half a centremetre. :( and my MOT is this month.

i was an MOT tester for 3 years at my old job and the mot manual says that any split that may cause the drivers view of the road to be impaired in any way is a fail

VtecRob said:
i was an MOT tester for 3 years at my old job and the mot manual says that any split that may cause the drivers view of the road to be impaired in any way is a fail

So does that mean that one that does not impair will pass :lol: mines on the far edge of the nearside wiper...therefore right up out the way of my line of sight

well that would depend on how well u know the guy testing your car as it all comes down to his opinion off what an impaired view is. Sorry i cant be more help but thats how vague the testers manual is.

I will say this though if u take a razor blade and slice off the part that has split away from the rest of the wiper then that should eliminate any type of improper water displacment and there for remove any impaired vision. hope this helps

Agree with VtecRob, i have been a tester for 11 year's, a split wiper blade is not a reason for rejection :wink:

A wiper(s) blade that smear's the screen and impare's the driver's view is a reason for rejection :wink:

Back