• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MOT this week

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Apart from changing the manifold is there anything I should be worried about?

Car has done 43000 miles, Dec 2001.

• Check the cat is working (LAD have an emissions tester) ;) :idea: ( emissions is a big fat fail )
  • Bulbs (I had clear side repeaters with clear bulbs :oops: )
  • Tyre tread
  • Brake pad/disc wear
  • Suspension (check it works by pushing down each corner of the car, If it comes back up its ok :lol: )
  • Safety is the main factor.
I can't think of anything else that you could check yourself.

Oh and a deep pocket - I couldn't believe it costs £50 odd quid now :x

Check your wipers for splits as well, make sure the headlight beam pattern is ok, also as Stu said check all your bulbs and make sure they work, this is one thing people usually forget, and also make sure your foglight works.

Check your wipers for splits as well, make sure the headlight beam pattern is ok, also as Stu said check all your bulbs and make sure they work, this is one thing people usually forget, and also make sure your foglight works.

Just replaced my wipers, bulbs etc I think i'm covered. :cool:

My rear pads have just under 3mm left on them, would that be an issue? They've got another 2000 miles in them according to TGM.

Thanks for the pointer on the wipers, will check them. All bulbs are fine, I check them regularly.

Anyone know a "friendly" test station in the east midlands for the emissions :D

My rear pads have just under 3mm left on them, would that be an issue? They've got another 2000 miles in them according to TGM.

Thanks for the pointer on the wipers, will check them. All bulbs are fine, I check them regularly.

The rear pads shouldn't be a problem iirc the limit is 1.5mm but as long as you get the required brake force it shouldn't be an issue.

Rob

I don't think there are many "Friendly" centres about anymore Chris tbh.

I don't think it's too easy to muck about with due to the changes a while back.

Split wiper blades aren't a reason for failure, wipers that don't clear the screen effectively are.

As Rob said, pad wear limit is 1.5mm, anything under is a reason for failure (excessively worn)

Emissions test is as it was before computerisation, i.e, it isn't linked to the tester's card through a card reader, then down a phone line to VOSA.
It was meant to be, but hasn't happened yet.

Passed without a problem. Only thing he mentioned was that the rear pads were near the limit and should be changed withing the next 2000 miles.

Spent an hour and a half last night removing the Toda and replacing it with the standard manifold. Would have took less time if the rear sensor on the Toda didn't need a fecking vice and a large pole to get it off! :evil:

Oh well, here's to tonight doing it all over again. Hoping to get it done in about one hour fifteen.

Back