• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My first Type R - FN2

Hello Everyone how're you all?

I have wanted a Type R (pretty indiscriminately, ANY Type R civic) for the best part of 20 years. However I've always taken the sensible approach to my car.

Recently after a few years of personal difficulty, I decided it was time for a new car, and, finally, a Type R. I looked around and here she is. My Type R. The only issue I have is the dreaded boot leak. Which I am slowly working my way through. I've already seam-sealed the roof gully/boot top area. Didn't stop the leak. So next I think I will have the rear lights out and seam seal all behind those!

Anyway, here she is!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105-135345.png
    Screenshot_20240105-135345.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

I have wanted a Type R (pretty indiscriminately, ANY Type R civic) for the best part of 20 years. However I've always taken the sensible approach to my car.

Recently after a few years of personal difficulty, I decided it was time for a new car, and, finally, a Type R. I looked around and here she is. My Type R. The only issue I have is the dreaded boot leak. Which I am slowly working my way through. I've already seam-sealed the roof gully/boot top area. Didn't stop the leak. So next I think I will have the rear lights out and seam seal all behind those!

Anyway, here she is!

Looks nice mate! You’ll have to get some more photos up.

Is it a GT?

Looks nice mate! You’ll have to get some more photos up.

Is it a GT?
Yeah - My last car was a rather tired old Mitsubishi lancer (not evo!). Very agricultural. So wanted some of the home comforts the GT affords.

Well, I absolutely adore it - but it has peeling on the bumper, bonnet and wing mirrors. Already had one quote for £700 to respray them. I'll get others as I don't know the "going rate" at all.

I'll pop some more pics on soon!

Yeah - My last car was a rather tired old Mitsubishi lancer (not evo!). Very agricultural. So wanted some of the home comforts the GT affords.

Well, I absolutely adore it - but it has peeling on the bumper, bonnet and wing mirrors. Already had one quote for £700 to respray them. I'll get others as I don't know the "going rate" at all.

I'll pop some more pics on soon!

Everyone deserves to treat themselves every once in a while! My EP3 was my treat, got it just after my 30th and I’ve wanted one since I was about 8 years old.

£700 doesn’t actually sound that unreasonable, it’s always worth doing a bit of shopping around though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone deserves to treat themselves every once in a while! My EP3 was my treat, got it just after my 30th and I’ve wanted one since I was about 8 years old.

£700 doesn’t actually sound that unreasonable, it’s always worth doing a bit of shopping around though!

It was an EP3 I first fell in love with. But if/when I get one it'll be garaged and only out to play in good weather in the summer haha

Yeah - friends have given me wildly different potential prices, just from what they think from £350 to over a grand.

Personally, and I'm going to sound sad here, it's my new love and it just needs it done right, regardless.

It was an EP3 I first fell in love with. But if/when I get one it'll be garaged and only out to play in good weather in the summer haha

Yeah - friends have given me wildly different potential prices, just from what they think from £350 to over a grand.

Personally, and I'm going to sound sad here, it's my new love and it just needs it done right, regardless.

I wish I could afford to garage mine, it’s my daily , I mean it only does sort of 5 miles a day but still

I don’t think it’s sad at all, you’re right. It’s your pride and joy it’s got to be done properly

Anyway, here she is!
Gorgeous car

Back