• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My First Type R

Hello!

Just got my first CTR and I love it!

I went to my local garage originally looking for an Astra Vxr and when I got there they also had this CTR so I thought it would be rude not to test drive both!

I drove the astra first and I cannot describe how much hate I have for that car! 1-2-3 just pointless wheel spin and every corner TC light was flashing and killing all the fun!

Then drove the CTR and fell in love! Handles like a gt3 car compared to the astra, the interior is possibly the best car interior ever? The sound is amazing! Exterior is stunning when all cleaned up! Fuel economy is shockingly terrible but its sooooo worth it for vtec! Cant wait to start modding!

Like to thank all the people on Type r owners who helped me out! If you planning on buying a CTR I highly suggest you talk to the people on here, just so helpful and all really know their stuff!

Attachments

• best.jpg
    best.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 24
  • smoking.jpg
    smoking.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 21
Hey ho! Welcome.

Glad you like the CTR, I test drove a Astra VXR too, I had already owned 2 CTR's in the past and agree with you hated the VXR I'm now on my 3rd CTR.

BTW your MPG will improve with a light foot, VTEC is extremely addictive the first few months of ownership :lol:.

Yeah I agree with Shoonk.

I've had my FN2 since January, and it can be very addictive, even now. After a while, filling up at the pumps will make you think otherwise. That said, it isn't as bad as the Astra VXR.

The FN2 is certainly the better car, good choice.

Thank you! They are such a great car! Had a issue of a squeaky clutch when I first got it, but I traced it back to the master cylinder! Greased it up and cleaned the pedal box out, now works a treat!

I hope so! Every time Im at a set of lights I just have to do it!]]

Can you suggest any worth while mods? Already purchased Hertz components!

Back