• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my interior lights are not working

hi my interior lights are not working at all also my boot light is not working
think it may be fuse but dont have a clue

anybudy help

check the fuse under the steering wheel or in the engine bay. if its not the fuse then go to honda.

have you fitted anything electrical in the car recently?

if not then get it looked at by an auto spark or the local honda dealer.

for the fuse to keep blowing there must be a 12v wire shorting on the body or another earth wire.

as stu said, there is definitely a short in the system.

do you have a test meter. you could use the continuity tester and test if all the terminals are connected to the correct supply but it is always a pig of a job doing electrical guff.

does the fuse blow as soon as it touches the fuse box terminals or when you open the door and the interior lights are activated?

I was hoping there was another source attached to that fuse but it's the interior lights fuse. i would check all the bulbs and there connectors to see if any part of one is touching the body of the car and use a test unit with a continuity meter touch one to the - on the battery and the other to the fuse terminal, the meter should put out a continues beep and will help you find the problem, when you find the short and de-shot it the beep will stop.

RMa2_small.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-MULTI..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item35aa4e29ca It's probably going to be a lot of work if it's something to do with wiring looms, so check bulbs and holders and if you have to start pulling trim off then it may be worthwhile taking it to a sparky to see if he can find the problem. depends on how able minded you are to what tasks you want to carry out and what ones you want to leave to the professionals.

Think I will buy this cheak all the bulbs and conectors then will take it to the sparks
Thanks for your replays

the cable conecting my door switch had fell off its port and was causing a ground to the body.

thanks guys was puting pics up but the file was to large how do i resolve this

Good job mate. wasn't too bad in the end. :)

yes, use www.photobucket.com, upload photo's, save, click 'share' on photo, go to 'get link codes' at the top, copy the 'link' text under 'IMG for bulletin boards & forums', paste in your post.

Back