• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my situation and buying a type R

Hello. So i went on the internet today and i found this.... A type R forum! I am interested in buying a type R. Currently nipping round in a 04 Carolla as I passed few months ago and want to get better at driving before I buy something I would regret crashing. My friend who sorted me out insurance says he can sort any car up to an engine of 2000 cc quite cheaply (compared to other people my age I'm really lucky.)

My options were a Toyota Celica, old 3dr audi s3 or a type R the ep3. I also have access to an lpg converted Accord so I can use that when im going on motorway journeys or driving situations where I would want a 5 door and heated leather seats xd. I'm a first year undergrad at BFD and intend to use the type R for going to uni, gym, football, lengthy cruises and the odd blast of acceleration here and there. I average around 150 miles a week which is around 8k miles a year (i think). I want something significant to drive compared to the less indulging diesel leon's and 07 A3's and golf gt's I see in the uni car park, gym and other places I find myself in. Not to say they are bad cars, they are economical and sensible, but I already have access to one so want something more fun.

What mpg do you guys get and how much £ do you pay for the fuel eg a week or month year ect. I know it is kind of expensive to run but I put around £25 this week for 150 ish miles on my Carolla (end of semester exams coming up and accelerating hard reduced the stress!!!) but normally around £15. Are there many 19 year olds here that own type r's? Should I consider something else? My budget is £4,000 for a car excluding the insurance which I have covered.

I would appreciate some comments and whether you think its a good idea or not. And hola if your from Bradford hehe.

Hope i posted this in the right place?

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

There was a recent discussion involving fuel economy here - https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101847-Ep3-Advice

As different people drive significantly differently, and hugely different distances per week/month whatever I doubt it'll be too useful to know how much people spend in a time-period.

If you can afford the insurance the EP3 is a lot of fun, and gives you an opening into a world of different modifications if you have the time, money, or skill.

If you're doing around 150Mi/wk then (sans a REALLY heavy foot) you're probably looking at around 50L/fortnight at a guess.

Thanks mike and chris. I had trouble finding out mpg of the civic because everytime I type mpg or ep3 mpg the search says what I've written is too common or short...

I'll read up on those comments and get an insight

Unfortunately VB doesn't handle 3 letter word searches, it's easier to Google and search for it there putting this websites URL as the site:

ep3 mpg site:type-r-owners.co.uk

Back