• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My windscreen is on crack ...

Hello,

yes as said. Went in for dinner last weekend and there was a 20 cm crack right on the center near the bottom direction upwards.
Was a direct hit about 2 or 3 cm from the bottom of the screen. Wondering how this could happen. Crack went now up to the middle and turned left.

I am certain the damage was not there the day before as I always pull the wipers upwards so they dont freeze solid the next day. In general I am pretty pedantic about my screen. Always clean and rainx-ed and such. Also I did not hear an impact. My bet is on an meteroid splitter or something similar comming from above. Crater is too clean and too low centered for it to be a stone.

Car is under full coverage, assurance however does not pay it as the car has not yet presented to the expert (Have it only for a month). Crack could have been there since purchase so they say. Have to pay it myself.

Damn, planned to go to london next week to pick up a new exhaust and engine ...

Any ideas what to fork out for a new glass ?

Many thanks
Steven

I would let them see the car, you have a fair claim if it was recent damage.

who you insured with?, mine got cracked went in to auto glass and they sorted it for me £70 excess, doesnt affect ur NCB or shuoldnt.

He lives in Luxemburg so windscreen cover may be slightly different over the water.

Back