• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's Cosmic Girl :-D **05/02/2005**WITH JTUNER FEAT**

N77

N77's Cosmic Girl specification.

Well I have decided to tidy this little thread up and update it a little :D

I am currently updating as its taking longer to do my idea than I thought, so keep checking back :D

I brought my new Civic Type R in September 2004 from the local dealership in West Bromwich. I had already got a AEM CAI, Top Gear exhaust and DC Header to go on the car before I collected it so it was going to be modded from the start :lol: I came across another Top Gear exhaust for sale on this forum which I was drawn too with a titanium back box so I sold mine and had that one instead. The AEM was installed as well pretty much straight away so that gave the bit of noise before the exhaust and header were fitted. Went to Santa Pod raceway with the car with 1300 miles on and got 15.14 1/4 mile so not too bad considering the only mod was a AEM and hadn't loosened up, also quite a few low times on that day as well :D

Well once there were a few miles on the clock I went and got the DC header fitted and the exhaust and the noise it made sounded very nice, at first :? Once it had been on for a few miles it seem to get louder and louder and was very drowny inside the car so I started looking at other options. In the meantime I came across a Gruppe M induction kit that was for sale at a reasonable price (they were £500+ at the time) so I brought it straight away and the AEM was sold. If I hadn't of got a Gruppe M for the price I did then the AEM would of stayed on as the sound and performance for the cost are superb. So with the Gruppe M, DC Header and the TG exhaust it sounded superb on short journeys, on the motorway it was a different matter though :(

I decided to go for a different combination to what people had tried before, a Spoon Sports B Pipe came up for sale and funnily enough he had a Magnex cat back system for sale as well. The deal was done and I purchased the both of them, i sold the B pipe from the Magnex system and had the Spoon B pipe and the Magnex back box fitted. The sound is alot better now inside the car but still sounds nice outside and is alot more liveable compared to the previous system. Having a header makes the exhaust deeper due to removing the CAT so it can become pretty loud depending on what system you have on there. So after having 3 systems already for this CTR you think I would be happy, well no :lol: as I am currently looking at another system due to a mod I have planned for next year, as I think using the Magnex back box will sup some of the power I will be looking at.

Well a few more bits came along the way with the addition of the wheels and once they were on it had to be lowered, so on went the Tein S Tech springs lowering it just right and not too much to suffer handling. It was all set up properly with the fast road set up geometry and using SPC rear camber adjusters, it all handles alot better now and I have confidence in the corner alot more than before.

Now with it lowered and having 18" wheels on with a 35 profile tyre everyday driving started to become a bit harder, and the roads around my area are a bit, shall we say like rally stages with all the bumps, potholes and the all important speed bumps :roll: I decided that enough was enough and recently went back to standard alloys running on Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres (215/40) and I have to say I prefer the ride comfort and handling of these compared to having 18's. So with this in mind I will probably be looking for an aftermarket set of wheels next year but will go for the same size (17's) as the car is much more suited to these than bigger wheels.

Well thats it for now but I have a few ideas next year with a Supercharger on the horizon with Toda clutch and flywheel, and a quaffe LSD to go with it, so all being well 2006 will be a good year I hope :D

(Click on the modifications to view a photo)
Note: I am currently working my way through so some will not work just yet

Engine

*DC Sports Battery Tie Down
*GReddy Radiator Cap
*Mugen Oil Cap
*Mugen Reservoir socks
*Carbon Fibre Spark Plug Cover
*Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
*Hondata Kpro re-programmable ECU
*TP Earthing Kit (Red)
*Gruppe M Induction Kit

Exhaust

*AEM Uego Air Fuel Ratio Gauge
*DC Sports Race Header
*Magnex 6x4 Oval Back Box
*Spoon Sports B Pipe

Transmission

*Buddy Club Short Shifter Kit

Suspension

*Energy Engine Mounts
*J's Racing Strut Brace
*J's Racing Engine Torque Damper
*SPC Rear Camber Adjusters
*System R Fast Road Set Up
*Spoon Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar
*Spoon Sports Rear Upper Strut Brace
*Teins S Tech Lowering Springs (25mm Front, 20mm Rear)

Brakes

*Standard Calipers Painted Red and Type R logos

Interior

*A Pillar Gauge Pod & Gauges (Gauges are AEM Air/Fuel ratio, Nordskog Volt and Clock Gauges)
*Auto Acoutics Rear Parcel Shelf (Black Dinamica and Red Carpet insert)
*Buddy Club Gear Knob and leather Gaitor
*Do Luck V-Tec Indicator
*D.R.E Shiftlight
*Footwell Neons
*JDM Carpets
*Mugen Pedals
*DC5 Alloy Footrest
*Mugen Seat Belt Pads
*Richbrook Tax Disc Holder with R Number
*S2000 Starter Button & Carbon Surround
*Type R Carbon Sill Protectors
*Type R style Cigarette Lighter

Exterior

*Blue Wing Mirror Tints
*Invidia Carbon Bonnet
*JDM Wind Deflectors
*MG Rover Badge
*Optional Front Fog Lights
*PIAA Carbon Effect Wipers
*Silvatec & Silvervision Indicator Bulbs
*Website Graphics
*Tein Graphics

ICE (in temporary, will be all be sorted next year)

*Alpine 9855RB CD/MP3 Head Unit
*Alpine KCA 420i iPod Interface
*Diamond Audio M661 Components
*JL Audio 12w3v2 Sub
*Auto Acoustic StealthBox (see above pic)
*JL Audio e2150 Amplifier (can be seen on sub photo)
*JL Audio e4300 Amplifier (can be seen on sub photo)
*Noisekiller & Dynamat Sound Proofing

Alloys & Tyres

*18" KEI Velocitys with Federal S595 215/35/18 (no longer owned)
*Yokohama Parada Spec 2 215/40 tyres
* KEI Velocitys in Gunmetal 7x17"

Misc
*Meguairs cleaning products
*Wonder Wheels
*Turtle Wax Tyre Shine

CLICK HERE FOR QUICKEST 1/4 MILE TIMESLIP So far :lol:

CLICK HERE FOR POWER GRAPH OF POWER again so far :lol:

JTUNER MAGAZINE FEATURE

Collections Of Photographs

Just after I picked it up :D

Then I did it My Way :lol:

How It Looks at the moment....

UPDATED PICS

Carl

Very nice, the only thing I would do is get rid of the "Tein" stickers next to the Type R ones.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Looks so much neater with those 17" gunmetal grey KEI Velocitys. :smt003

Back