• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Car

Hi - not sure where to post this ...

I am looking for a Honda Civic Type R 2008 / 09 model (a newish one) - i have never had a Honda before - does anyone have any pointers for me - are they reliable? Running costs? Anything i should look out for - i have read another post that lists a lot of things to look for but is there anything important that i should look for when buying. Any better spec than the other.

I had a Lexus is200 before but lost it in local flooding last year and it was the most reliable car i have ever had so i an guessing my expectations are a bit high compared to my last car,

Any help?

Thats a hell of a long list - are there cars reliable? Is there anything specific to look at if going for one - seen a 2010 Type R GT 20k miles with FSH that i may consider ...

Aye the cars are reliable. No car doesn't have someone, somewhere that's had an issue with one though!

By 2010 most of the things on the list were ironed out.

Check for a full service history, services done on time. Servicing is essential. Check the oil level when you view as it'll be a good indicator of whether it's been looked after, low is never good.

Check tyres and brake pads as they can be bargaining tools to drop the price.

Back