• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New front tyres, swap them to the rear?

My front tyres are starting to get low and will need replacing in the not to distance future. I've only covered 10K miles.

I would think they need replacing before I do any trackdays this summer i.e Brands in July.

The question is when I replace the fronts should I but the new tyres on the rear wheels and move the old rears to the front.
This would provide me with more grip on the rear and should reduce the risk of the rear end breaking away during hard driving.

Or will the affect be very small and I can just leave the new tyres on the front.

I searched on the topic and cant find anything, I'm sure most people have been in this situation.

Yes, put the new ones on the back and old ones on the front. Thats what i've always done. 8) Safer to have understeer than oversteer, imo. :wink:

Always been told to have the best possible on the rear - the fronts can be throttle controlled, the rear are all about mechanical grip. :twisted:

Neily03 said:
Yes, put the new ones on the back and old ones on the front. Thats what i've always done. 8) Safer to have understeer than oversteer, imo. :wink:

Thats what I thought I know where I am with understeer :lol:

Back