• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New prefacelift Ep3 alarm/central locking fob

Right then guys when I bought my type r it came with one key and no fob for the alarm/central locking fob so my question is where can I buy a replacement and can I program it myself?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
just looked there's some fobs on eBay between £15 and £25 varying condition with £3ish delivery.
Like Wilkesy said there's a guide on here to reprogramming them.
Getting a replacement key is a different matter as they have to be chipped to bypass the imobiliser, a dealer or reputable key shop can do them.

Ok cheers would the facelift fob work as I can't find and square preface ones on the net, I don't need a working fob to program the new one do I?

Hope this helps (direct from Hamilton and Palmer who manufacture the alarm for Honda)

have literally done this on a replacement fob today (52 EP3) and lifted this from the leaflet H&P sent through with the fob :-

disarm system - enter car
immediately turn ignition on / off / on / off / on (ignition only not engine running etc)
within 10 secs press raised button on existing fob 3 x (indicators should light up and system LED on dash - now in key learn mode)
press raised button of new handset x 1 (system LED will go out)
press raised button of new handset x 1 (indicators will go out)
done

(obviously this requires the "raised" button to be the right way round in the fobs, thus raised being "lock") - this caused a headache until we realised :asw:

good luck!

pulled this from another thread, it seems you do need an existing fob, maybe someone else will come along with more experience in this

Last edited by a moderator:
Back