• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new tires and camber arms soon....help me choose

right guys burned through a set of toyo t1r's in the first year of owning my ep3 type r (tbh surprised they lasted this long just cant help hearing that VTEC)

been reading alot about tire sizes and not sure what to go for im kinda stuck between the 215/45 or the 215/40. the speed difference of the 45 profile is 1.5% and the 40 is -2% id rather go for the slower option but not sure if that should be the only deciding factor.

besides the speed difference, will i see much improvement (if any) over the stock 205/45's?

also gonna have to get camber arms for the back as the inside shoulder on the rear tires are going bad and for some reason feel as smooth as the big dipper so any suggestions on what ones to go for would be appreciated

thanks in advance for all the help

Don't buy T1R's again. Get some better tyres.
For standard size wheels you can't go wrong with the standard 205/45 17 size. 215/45 17 is the only other size worth considering but I'd still recommend the standard size.
Combination of lots of toe in and negative camber that causes the wear on the inner edge. Reducing the toe in on the rear will help. But you'd benefit more from camber arms and also getting camber bolts fitted up front and a decent geometry set up.

unfortunately my budget disctates what tyre to go for thats why im running the T1R's £230 for 4 cant complain at that, had thought about the AD08's but at £100 a corner they are a bit much. any recommendations on what tire to go for?

noted about the camber bolts up front :) cheers

Continental Contact Sport or Bridgestone Potenza's are a decent road tyre but again they're around £100 per a corner.
Decent tyres aren't cheap. No matter how good your suspension set up is, it's only as good as the tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the only bit that makes contact with the road, don't skimp. The car will feel much better with decent rubber on it.

may look at financing part of the tires then, so what do you guys recommend for camber arms for the rear, a big question about the camber arms is what do you do with the ABS sensor cable (think thats what the cable is) if new adjustable camber arms dont have the bracket for the cable to attach to?

thats the easy route :D but what if im fussy and want ones that look better than the tegiwa camber arms (only ones ive seen with a bracket) what do you do with the cable?

For tyres I'd vote for Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. They're very new, great tyre and worth the money.

I took the Toyo's off that came with the car and put Goodyear Assymetric 2's. Lots of grip, excellent feedback and I hardly ever get understeer and I have been trying!

I have done 10,000 miles on them and I am nowhere near half way through the fronts yet.

I took mine to ABP in crewe last week and add Camber Bolts fitted on the front and they adjusted the Geometry to their 'Fast Road Set-Up'. It has made a big difference, money well spent.

You could have put bottlecaps on instead of the Toyo's and they'd make a difference. Try something like AD08R and you'd be amazed at just how ordinary the F1A2's are.

Cable ties were what i was thinking so cable ties it is lol

Im swaying towards the AD08R's i keep hearing good things about them from people i speak to

Id go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4's as an all rounder

If you are more track based then AD08R's

I used cable ties and its not an issue

Back