FK8 No space saver wheel available for new civic type r gt

Was wondering if anyone could help? I have a 2020/21 ctr and was looking to get a space saver spare wheel but when I phoned Honda to order one I was told by the parts department that no spare wheel is available for a new ctr and 2019 spare will not fit a 20/21. (something to do with caliper and disc set up) :confused: They were hopeful that one would become available in the coming months and to call back periodically.
Has anyone else had this problem and any ideas where I could source one as I'm not a fan of the repair kit?
Many thanks all, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not understand why it wouldn’t work to be honest as if it didn’t work on the front just switch to the rear?

Welcome wingnut, did you get a good deal, what colour?

Yeah what Matt said, you’d just switch the back 20” for the front, space saver on the rear. Think you’ve had a bit of a whelk on the end of the blower there!!!!

Sounds rather odd to me.

There hasn't been a change in dimensions of the brake assembly - The discs etc. will fit the earlier models?

The space saver apparently doesn't fit the front on the FN2 so why would the FK8 be any different?

Thanks all,that's a good idea using spare for rear. The newer version has suspension tweaks and a new front floating disc set up. I'll let you know how I get on with it.
I got a cracking deal faNtheMaN the dealership got car to use as their demo but it was never used due to covid. Also got free delivery, warranty, 5 years service pack, free mats and boot liner. So cant complain it's a lovely polished metal metallic I will post some pics sometime. Cheers

Hi Wilmo, I didn't know that spare only fits rear. I just went with what the dealer told me.
That's ok I'm with FaNtheMan on his opinion of the staff member.
If I recall correctly it was the parts guy at my local dealer where I bought it that told me.

The big issue is that it will take twice as long by the roadside swapping 2 wheels over instead of 1

I’ve purchased the space saver rear wheel from cox. Your not meant to put a space saver on the front anyway. If you get a flat on the front put the space saver on the rear and then put the rear wheel on the front. Spacer savers on the front of a car increase stopping distances and braking stability.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hon...vic-type-r-fk8-spacesaver-wheel-2017-onwards/

Expensive but it comes with a new floor as well plus additional tools.

I’ve purchased the space saver wheel from cox. Your not meant to put a space saver on the front anyway. If you get a flat on the front put the space saver on the rear and then put the rear wheel on the front. Spacer savers on the front of a car increase stopping distances and braking stability.

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hon...vic-type-r-fk8-spacesaver-wheel-2017-onwards/

Id been looking at one of these
Good old saving on genuine one, plus the black looks better if you need to use it, fair play no new boot floor but plenty of tools.

I’ve purchased the space saver wheel from cox. Your not meant to put a space saver on the front anyway. If you get a flat on the front put the space saver on the rear and then put the rear wheel on the front. Spacer savers on the front of a car increase stopping distances and braking stability.

looks ideal to me.

I’ve purchased the space saver rear wheel from cox. Your not meant to put a space saver on the front anyway. If you get a flat on the front put the space saver on the rear and then put the rear wheel on the front. Spacer savers on the front of a car increase stopping distances and braking stability.

Any thoughts on whether this would fit a HCR sportline?