• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noob Question How much Oil for complete change

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
How much Oil do I need for a complete change on my Civic

Before I dont buy enough or order tooo much :)

I take my dealer 5 litres of oil when mine gets serviced. They usually leave me the bottle with 250ml left in once it's finished.

then why does the oil only comes in 4L bottles!! Would have to buy 2 4L bottles and a lot of the it is not used.

I told you already you whuss, 4.5 litres ;)

I took a 5 litre in my garage and there is still a bit left in it.

then why does the oil only comes in 4L bottles!! Would have to buy 2 4L bottles and a lot of the it is not used.

Would depend on manufacturer of car and oil I suppose, more likely manufacturer of oil, mine was a 5 litre of the Silkolene from oilman but I know the Motul came in 4litres.

Carl

I buy a 4 litre container and a 1 litre container.

I think it's probably due to the majority of cars i.e. <1.6 litre don't require any more than 4 litres.

My Saxo only used 3.5 litres for an oil change :shock:

5ltr should be plenty, every time I have had it done, they always leave a little in the container, and stick it in the boot, now have six in the shed

I had mine service done Saturday & the mechanice told me that the oil was a wee bit low after giving them a 5 litre bottle of Silkolene.

Got home & the oil is bang on the maximum. :?

Back