• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not editing posts

Trying to edit a post where I have put a the instead of a them making me look like a stupid person. Tried to edit it and it's coming up a blank post. I would rather my posts make me look stupid (which is probably every week) than me unable to edit something

Yarp, it doesn't like in line editing at all. Moved to advanced then you get an error message saying the message you posted is too short. Wacky. :(

That said - it just worked fine on this post!

Using FF 21.0 on OSX if that has any bearing btw.

I can't edit stuff Y000!!!!!11

Al & Crew - I can't edit anything.

When I go to say edit the first post in my car thread and select the edit tab, it snaps to the edit screen but the existing thread text, images, everything - is gone, theres nothing there.

This is the same for general board posts too.

The best example is that if I want to edit a thread title via the 1st post in the thread, I can edit the title in the box, but then when I submit it, it says that there are too few characters in the original post.

I have no way of editing posts or titles.

I'm running OS X 10.8.4 Safari.

Cheers.

Al has done some testing and tweaking.

Has this made any improvements for those who were having issues with editing posts?

Al & Crew - I can't edit anything.

When I go to say edit the first post in my car thread and select the edit tab, it snaps to the edit screen but the existing thread text, images, everything - is gone, theres nothing there.

This is the same for general board posts too.

The best example is that if I want to edit a thread title via the 1st post in the thread, I can edit the title in the box, but then when I submit it, it says that there are too few characters in the original post.

I have no way of editing posts or titles.

I'm running OS X 10.8.4 Safari.

Cheers.

Apply to be a moderator.

Can you edit posts now Nick? As Loxy said, Al made some changes yesterday.

LOL, I missed the actual important post in here :lol:

Yeah, all tested and fine this end on my work desktop PC :D .

It's working fine for me now. All praise Al. Then again, when it wasn't working I was clever enough to highlight, copy, edit, paste, save. Zing.

Back