• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not Honda but still a bargain :D

J7

Brought the gf an MX5 last week but it needed some wheels to set it off.

Immaculate set of Enkei's in white with new Yoko's for £199 of flea bay 8)

Threw in locking wheel nuts as well. The fella must of payed well over that just for the new tyres. Felt like i should of been wearing a balaclava when i took them off him :lol:

63_1.JPG

Funnily enough I was watching Wheeler Dealers on Discovery and fancy an mx5 now, shame I got no where to keep it though :( but it looked a fun car to track etc...

He borught those exact same wheels off ebay too for his

Carl

N77 said:
Funnily enough I was watching Wheeler Dealers on Discovery and fancy an mx5 now, shame I got no where to keep it though :( but it looked a fun car to track etc...
Carl

I never understood what the fuss was all about until i drove one. 140 bhp(1.8i) and about 900kg really tight chassis and plenty of feedback makes for big grins for not a lot of money.

J7 said:
N77 said:
Carl

I never understood what the fuss was all about until i drove one. 140 bhp(1.8i) and about 900kg really tight chassis and plenty of feedback makes for big grins for not a lot of money.

Yeah and they also added roll bars to the underside of the car too, he went to a big mx5 parts place and brought a few bits and bobs, they just bolted on the car in seconds, also a front grill to cover up the large gaping hole and to protect the radiator a bit better.

I know there is a mx5 parts place that advertise in jap performance and the like so it may of been them, worth a try as they didn't cost much and could add alot of benefits

Carl

Nice one Carl.

I'll look them up. Could do with a grill at the front definatley.

Car already came with Mazdaspeed front and rear strutbraces but could do with a heftier rear tie bar as it scuttles a little.

I want to put it on coilovers but she's more interested in buying fancy chrome roll over bars and the like :roll: She needs educating.

There is plenty of MX5 tuning co's advertised in some mags I have @ home, 'll dig the url's out & post em mate :wink:

Have you seen how cheap tuning parts are :shock:

Coilover kits less than £500
Manifolds £200 odd

This could get out of hand :lol:

Nick Lait bought a '5 after his CTR and I am sure his was either turbo or supercharged. :twisted: :twisted:

There is a chap here in Colchester that does MX5 mods - PM Nick Lait for details - they are mates. 8)

edit

Nicks profile for PMing. 8)

Nick Lait

Hi,

As Mr Scouse says, I had an MX up until recently (house purchase meant it had to go :cry: ).

I never got around to turboing mine in the end. Although I drove my mate's turbo charged mx and it was craazzzzyy!!!! :twisted: 200bhp in a car that weighs under a tonne.

If you are looking for an MX5 or decent performance parts, speak to Steve and Alan at M-Xtra www.m-xtra.co.uk

My (ex) beasty http://www.m-xtra.co.uk/current cars.htm

Nick

Was thinking of getting one for the lass.

I know for a fact it wouldn't stay standard for long :lol:

Ride height looks a lot better on yours Nick 8)

They ride very high on the standard shocks and springs.

Back