• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oem discs

I'm after new discs and pads. Been advised to just get oem discs. Question is, how much should I be expecting to pay and can I get them from anywhere other than Honda? It's for 2005 ep3 type r.

Try Hendy performance, probably the cheapest price you'll get from Honda.

The ones on eBay I can find are just mintex. These ok just for discs? I'll be pairing them with good pads though.

Spot on cheers lads. Now just need pads. Either ferodo or cosworth i believe. Anyone used ebc yellow or red? Used yellow in past on my glanza and they were brilliant. Any reviews on a civic?

Yellowstuff take time to warm up in my experiance, I had them on my mini, changed to greenstuff in the end which I found much better. Currently running DS2500 on the civic, no complaints.

FYI I also have the brembo grooved discs on the front of my ep3 which I also have no complaints about.

I will say this, neither the uprated discs or pads have made much of a difference to braking performance in road conditions. Track might be a different story.

Well I can get drilled brembos with Brembo pads for 95 quid. My experience with yellow stuff was great tbh mate. Can't seem to find these pads for civic though. I just want good brakes mate. I've settled on discs. Just debating on what pads. I haven't cut corners on the civics expenses so not sure whether or not to get the ferodo pads. Only thing is, are they really needed for road/fast road use?

TBH I can hardly tell the difference from OEM to ferodo DS2500, I'm sure they out perform the OEM on a track but I've not put it to the test so can't comment.

I would also advise against drilled discs, get just grooved if you can find them (I got brembo ones off ebay for circa £100 posted IIRC).

I'm going for Brembo blanks for discs. Pads still undecided. Is there such a pad that ticks all boxes? Or a pad that is half way between ferodo and oem? Not fitting mintex crap, that's all we use at work and I associate them with budget performance.

I've got Drilled and grooved discs. But I don't drive around like a ricer so don't have to worry about them getting overly hot and cracking. Which is the worry people have I think. Stop great though!

I was under the impression the cosworth pads were the same price and quality as ferodo? Still new to the civic scene you see lol.

Drilled discs dissipate heat etc, yes the discs will get hot but not as hot as they would on the track so even without the cracking issue they arent really needed for my setup.

I'll be getting new discs and Pads at same time I'll be fitting new hoses aswell. Then I'll be happy with the brakes.

I've heard the cosworths are a better street pad than the ferodo, hence I suggested it. You didn't specify your half way between criteria was price based rather than performance :)

It was generic mate lol. Thing is, I dont mind spending 100 quid on pads if it's needed. If not I might aswell get ebc pads whic I know are good and I can also get cheap lol.

I'm after new discs and pads. Been advised to just get oem discs. Question is, how much should I be expecting to pay and can I get them from anywhere other than Honda? It's for 2005 ep3 type r.

Just got mine delivered this morning From Cox Motor parts, all geniune honda, front disks, rear disks and pads all round £219 + VAT

Back