• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

oil leak!!!!!

Had the wheels of the ctr today and on the o/s of the engine i found oil all over the timing chain cover and on the inner cv joint looks like its coming from around the oil filter but its not the filter seal itself as i had a good check that it was tight plus it seems to be coming from were the filter screws to. any 1 else had this problem?????

mine isn't quiet as bad as that poor lads mine is mostly a thin covering of oil and it doesnt seem to have used any (yes i know thats not possible) as i havn't had to top the oil up for a couple of weeks any other ideas???

Has it recently had a new filter/oil change, it could be some spilt from then?

about 3 thousand miles ago was last service would have thought id have got rid of it all by now but i suppose without givving it a good wash off under there i wont know.

VtecRob said:
about 3 thousand miles ago was last service would have thought id have got rid of it all by now but i suppose without givving it a good wash off under there i wont know.

Probably is too long ago....

Back