• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Opinions please!

Dynax

The Babysitter
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=357#

Spec:

- Fits 01-04 Civic EX

- 4-1 1 piece

- 2.25" outlet

- T-304 Stainless Stee with Polish finish

- Direct bolt on, gain more performance due to more air flow

- Selling price : $169.99

* Picture shown is for reference only.

SSH-AR02.jpg

Seems bloody cheap for a header doesnt it? Fits Ep1/2 apparently

:twisted:

You have to ask 2 questions.

1. Why is it priced so much lower than other Manifolds?

2. If it was the hounds hairy ones at that price then every fooker would have one. :wink:

Megan Racing are pretty highly regarded for quality kit at cheap prices. You could do a lot worse, but tbh I really would advise against fitting this to your car. It won't give you much power and you are better off saving your money and putting it towards a car that goes faster from the start

Speak to Clements who had a supercharged EK4 and was paying silly low insurance for a 285 bhp car at the age of 18 iirc

I never set out to find a header for my car, not going that far...

But as it is only £90 (without shipping, import tax etc) i thought it sounded cheap...and might be ok if it made it sound good :twisted:

Probably wont get one due to insurance, but was just asking for your opinion. Hate the way people always start and jump to tell me to not do things as my car is only an EP1

Dynax said:
I never set out to find a header for my car, not going that far...

But as it is only £90 (without shipping, import tax etc) i thought it sounded cheap...and might be ok if it made it sound good :twisted:

Probably wont get one due to insurance, but was just asking for your opinion. Hate the way people always start and jump to tell me to not do things as my car is only an EP1

People on the forum make these points because they are giving you credible comments and input. 8)

Opinions vary but they are all valuable - do not dismiss them lightly. :wink:

I know, but a few things remain the same for everytime this comes up :

1) I cannot afford to insure a CTR, therefore i will not own one (until next december hopefully).

2) Im not worried about buying things for performance increases as of yet. If i buy a header for my EP1, it'll be for sound/looks, performance wont do alot on a 1.4, so why should i care?

Not meaning to sound rude, as i value everyones individual opinion...Just get fed up of people telling me to buy a CTR (when i cant)

Dynax said:
Not meaning to sound rude, as i value everyones individual opinion...Just get fed up of people telling me to buy a CTR (when i cant)

Fair enough fella - I see your point. 8)

I understand where Dynax is coming from and then I dont Ill explain.

I understand the Insurance part, everyone has to pay it and at his age its just too much.

The bit I dont undestand, but do if you get where im coming from is the need to spend X amount of ££££££ on his current 1.4 I would personally save this money and put it towards mods on a CTR, or Insurance on a CTR.

I understand the need to mod it after owning my first car that I wanted to mod it was a 850cc Fiesta and I had green stripes XR bumpers etc etc and yer cost me a small fortune then to do so I do understand the modding of his 1.4 to an extent.

Each to there own I say ad at the end of the day he doing what he wants, I think the header would be a bit of apain to insure and wouldnt really give you any decent gains, to increase the noise from your zorst and to make it sound better remove the CAT, just weld or fot a De-Cat pipe in there, thats just my 2p worth

Back