• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Overspray

C

Cat

As some people know my dealer managed to get overspray on my car's roof and passenger door while doing a repair to the rear panel.

Probably taking it in tomorrow but how do they rectify this problem?

Just want to know because I don't want them fobbing me off if the affected areas should really be totally resprayed.

Is this the right section??? :? Didn't know whether to put in Civic Type R or what.

Anyway advice from anyone in the bodyshop know is appreciated :D

A claybar is good for getting overspray off Cat.

Or Farecla G3 Advanced liquid or Meguiars Scratch X

Maybe even a polisher.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Hope you get it sorted though.

Cheers Mark :D

All I can say is the dealer better make a good job of it this time! :evil:

They shouild be able to compound and polish the oversprayed areas and you should then be happy with it.

As it presumably was a Honda Approved bodyshop that did it there should not really be a problem but let us know how you get on.

Mark43 said:
Neily03 said:
T-Cut or similar should do it easy. :wink:

T-Cut on the beloved CTR :shock: :shock:

Ya big girl!!! T-Cut id fine tu use for its intended use, ie to cut the paint for removing scratch and contaminants like overspray. It'll only cause problems if you use it every week or summat silly!

Neily03 said:
Mark43 said:
Neily03 said:

Ya big girl!!! T-Cut id fine tu use for its intended use, ie to cut the paint for removing scratch and contaminants like overspray. It'll only cause problems if you use it every week or summat silly!

I'm only a big girl on a Wednesday night thank you :lol: :lol:

Just find T-Cut to abrasive but your right it will do the job. :wink:

Mark43 said:
Neily03 said:
Mark43 said:
Neily03 said:

I'm only a big girl on a Wednesday night thank you :lol: :lol:

Just find T-Cut to abrasive but your right it will do the job. :wink:

I work in the automotive paint industry, T-Cut is fine! :wink: 8)

Well if they're just gonna T-cut it then it shouldn't be in for long ... although it feels all rough to the touch :?

Anyway I will not stop till my car is as it was before my bump!

they probably use the G3 stuff Mark mentioned......whatever they use it will be some sort of compund to polish it off

The paint overspray will be sitting on top of laquer so will be easy to polish off as laque is very hard....if that makes sense

Black R said:
they probably use the G3 stuff Mark mentioned......whatever they use it will be some sort of compund to polish it off

The paint overspray will be sitting on top of laquer so will be easy to polish off as laque is very hard....if that makes sense

yeah it does ... thanks Chris :D

I will be watching out for scratches though

Back