• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pad replacement for megane caliper brake kit

I purchased my 04 type r a few years ago and was recently told the front pads and standard rear discs needed replacing.

The only issue is that when i bought the car it mentioned having a brake upgrade with Megane RS calipers, the guy didnt know anything else about them as he had only had it a few months and the car had 10+ previous owners.

From what i've been seen, there is a kit with both the mk2 rs calipers and the mk3.

How would I be able to find out which one I have, and what pads would I replace them with? A suggestion for replacing the discs would be helpful as well.

Interesting post. Hope someone can help you.

I am afraid these days many petrolheads don't come to foruns like in the past.
Maybe you can try on Facebook.

I think they use Renault Megane pads and discs off a Nissan 350z but can't be 100% sure.

Im sure there are or were some companies who sell this kit. Try Freaky Parts and Godspeed brakes I'm sure these sold them as a kit. Maybe worth contacting them.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Also rear discs OEM will be fine or Pagid, Brembo etc.

I think they use Renault Megane pads and discs off a Nissan 350z but can't be 100% sure.

Im sure there are or were some companies who sell this kit. Try Freaky Parts and Godspeed brakes I'm sure these sold them as a kit. Maybe worth contacting them.

Rang freakyparts they were helpful. ended up being megane rs mk2 fronts, nissan murano discs

Back