• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Painting the calipers on my FN2

Hi guys,

sorry if this has been asked before but i want to get my calipers painted, my car is black so the logical colour would be red but i want the type R part to stand out so i would like any suggestions you have for colour combos or what you have on your cars. and where to get them done in the south east please.

as mentioned before i am rubbish with mechanics so a drive in drive out service would be great if any are known and any approximate costs would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I used hammerite spray paint in black,make sure you mask everything else up so as not to get paint on the brake pads etc.
Then i painted type r part with a fine brush.

Thanks for answering commander, i went though your whole post your car looks awesome! With regard to the calipers i saw you had a service with TGM they are close to me, did they replace your front calipers and repaint them? Because that £500 pound bill seemed really cheap for all the work they did especially if new/refurbished calipers were fitted.

I dont want to paint my calipers and then find mine are binding, I too want to get valve clearances done soon as well so might get the whole lot done in March when mot is due.

Thanks for answering commander, i went though your whole post your car looks awesome! With regard to the calipers i saw you had a service with TGM they are close to me, did they replace your front calipers and repaint them? Because that £500 pound bill seemed really cheap for all the work they did especially if new/refurbished calipers were fitted.

I dont want to paint my calipers and then find mine are binding, I too want to get valve clearances done soon as well so might get the whole lot done in March when mot is due.
You are welcome mate. Yes they sourced some ep3 callipers and fitted them on my car and also painted them red for £40 so £100 each for callipers and £40 for paint. Honda quoted me nearly £900 or abouts! Def get them checked if you feel they are sticking. TGM are very good and I'll be using them again

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back