• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol Cap on 02

Hi Guys

Got a bit of a problem wondered if anyone else has had it and fixed it, i have had it before and garage fixed it for me.

Over time the petrol cap comes loose and when i pull the leaver by the drivers door the petrol cap does not open, it takes a few firm pulls and it normally opens.

However today it seemed like it was not going to and i thought i was in trouble, i travel quite a bit and can be away from home.

Has anyone else fixed this themsleves, im guessing its just un screwing the screw under that plastic by the lever but wanted opinions before i did it.

Any help really appreciated.

If you're stuck and can't open it with the handle by the sill you can do it through the boot by removing the little plastic panel on the left hand side. I also believe this is where the problem lies and you need to bend something a little??

Have a look at the catch that is fixed to the back of the fuel flap.
By bending it slightly you should find it sorts the problem.

dudeyrudey said:
Have a look at the catch that is fixed to the back of the fuel flap.
By bending it slightly you should find it sorts the problem.

Thats what i meant! :lol: :oops:

If you are still having trouble use a credit/debit/cash card to pop the flap - take it to Honda and they will cure it. :wink:

Black R said:
trouble is thse are operated by cable.....they will stretch after time :roll:

Same as handbrake cables if people aren't carefull.

Some people just must be too heavy handed with the feul cap release and the handbrake. In nearly 39k miles i've not had any trouble with either. 8)

Back