• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pirates Black - Keeping it clean

Hi folks,

Recently acquired my pirates black atr, and ive had 2 civics a long time ago in the same colour, its just reminded me this weekend what a pig it is to keep it looking great. Honda paint work been what id deem thin !

Ive spent a bit of money and still got some half reasonable products, eg some auto glym some meguairs and mainly poor boys, but no matter what i do i always find the pirates black a high maint keep clean car and no matter what you do theres always a defect or it needs cleaning really soon

Any other pointers or people sharing the love with this problem :D

I think it's the same with all black cars mate.
Once the swirls are there you're looking at a proper polish/detailing to get rid of them.

Once you've got rid of them, then you're in a position to put some effort in to keep them away and keep it looking good.

Ive also got a Pirates Black ATR. My advice would be leave it dirty until you have the time to clean it properly rather than rush and risk scratching the paintwork. My routine is something like this

1. Clean wheels its best to do this first rather than wait until you have nice clean paintwork then spray black brake dust all over your nice paintwork
2. Snow foam car let it rest for 5 - 10 minutes anything longer and it starts to dry on the paint work
3. Rinse car
4. wash car using two bucket method
5. rinse again
6. Dry car
7. Wax with Dodo Juice Purple haze you can get a panel pot to try this is enough to do the whole car twice! (a coat of this lasts a couple of months)

Back