• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Polished Metal Paintwork

Has anybody found a particular wax that they think brings out the best in the above colour?

Cheers

Not for this colour specifically but the best waxes I have used and only use now are:

Bilt Hamber and Autobrite Carbanuba Banana Scented Wet Wax, I have used them on the gf's Evoque which is very close to the polished metal colour and the car comes out looking amazing

Hi. Had my TVR Griffith 500 18years and added a new sportine FK8 to collection and use Zymol concours on both with great results and excellent depth.

Hi I run a civic fk2 in polished metal metallic and I would recommend using Autoglym Super resin polish, gives a fantastic shine and lustre. The only thing you have to be careful when applying it is don't put it on tiny stone chips,hopefully you won't have any,as it will {0dry white and show. The way round it is to get a bottle of turtle wax colour magic dark grey and where if any tiny chips are polish with the colour magic let it dry and polish it off. Once used super resin polish, to seal it you need to go over it with Collinite 476 double supercoat Carnuba wax. Super resin polish leaves a super shine then the Collinite wax gives lots more shine. To a showroom shine and brings out the metallic paint. If you read any detailing info online they always say Autoglym Super resin polish goes well with Collinite wax. Just one more thing super resin polish is ever so lightly abrasive,on a scale of 1 to 10 it is 1. If there are swirl marks in the clearcoat just apply slight pressure and it will polish out. Regards Fred.

Last edited:
Back