• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

polishing help!

Hi, im getting into this whole detailing my car, ive bought some dodo juice products, but im thinking of buying a buffer, the only thing im worried about is i have a red milliano and its faded and went dull in a few places, so basically can.i still polish ut with a buffer or will this cause more problems? I often see on videos people using a paint depth guage to check there paint so thats why im not to sure, thanks in advance! Craig.

If your getting a machine polisher look up Kestrel DAS6 Pro and meguiars pack

I used it to turn a mk4 vauxhall Astra from pink back to red not long back

I wouldn't worry too much about a depth gauge unless your using a rotary polisher and harsh cutting compound tbh

I had one of those from halfords, used it once not bothered with it since

A proper DA will remove the swirl marks from paint, that just makes it quicker to apply and remove

Found it too bulky to do the ep with

Ok i will look at what you said, would i have Problem with my faded dull patches as i said? I dont want to make it any worse basically

If you get some Meguiars Ultimate Compound you can try rubbing it in with an applicator

I use it with my DA and it got 90% of swirl marks out of my brothers NHB fn2 on the first pass

I use it by hand for small scratches, its worth a shot

Them buffers from halfrauds are *****! stay well clear mate. Like Chris said, if your paint has faded then get yourself a DA with decent set of pads and compounds. Take a look on i4detailing.com, sometimes they have bundles for beginner. Just be careful with pressure and that you don't burn through the paint! ;)

Back