• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Potenza RE040 fitted again

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Finally got rid them on, I've been running about on my winter tyres!

I've put some old ones with about 5 mm left on the front and some deeper 7 mm ones on the back since I'm going to the Nurburgring. I expect to be swapping the fronts when I get back after some serious abuse :twisted: :twisted:

Turn in is much improved and the car feels much more spirited on them in todays heat.

Fire_2 said:
snow tyres are never much use on the dry roads, they tent to overheat and lose grip.

But they were fantastic in the wet though!

Fire_2 said:
MilanoChris said:
Fire_2 said:
snow tyres are never much use on the dry roads, they tent to overheat and lose grip.

compaired to the Potenza RE040's?

Yes mate. Could actually VTEC 2nd gear in the wet with them on where the pots just get no grip :lol:

MilanoChris said:
Fire_2 said:
MilanoChris said:
Fire_2 said:

compaired to the Potenza RE040's?

Yes mate. Could actually VTEC 2nd gear in the wet with them on where the pots just get no grip :lol:

I can prove otherwise.....my Pots were holding perfectly well in the wet.

Jsut finding Second was the issue :oops: :lol:

I've just had my two fronts replaced after 25,000 miles and I've gone for REO40s again.

I haven't had a single issue with them at all.

NeilH said:
I haven't had a single issue with them at all.

I don't understand all the complaints about the Bridgestones - After going back to them after using T1-Rs I noticed instantly how much more stable and controllable the car feels through high speed bends due to the stiffer sidewalls.

Back