• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

power lead for amp ep3

Hi,

im looking at putting my ICE in soon and am wanting to know where people have ran there power lead from the battery into the car? is there a spare grommet in the bulkhead? through the wing? drill a whole?

any advice welcome...

thanks in advance

david

Yeah there's a large grommit just to the rear-right of the airbox you can use, it's not too bad, no need for drilling etc. I got 4 AWG through without problems.

Hi,

thanks i will take a look so that will pop out behind the glove box?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah comes out behind the glovebox, it's quite far back though so you need to push quite a bit through before you can grab it from the interior side.

hi,

had a look today (Rectangular grommet) removed that but there was plastic behind it no way into the car didn't no what the plastic was so didn't want to put a hole in it.

did see any other spare grommets

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this at the weekend, its the big round gromit behind the airbox, not the oval shape one, i used a long skewer straightened, taped the power lead to it & push it through the gromit, it comes out right at the back of the glovebox, get a torch in there & you will see it.

Back