• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Problems with new tegiwa catback!

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the Tegiwa catback and I am having nothing but problems with it! For some reason my car DOES Not like exhausts and I am constantly spending money sorting them out.

Previous: Integra DC5 Manifold > Integra DC5 Cat > Spoon B Pipe (Silenced) > Standard backbox
Now: Integra DC5 Manifold > Integra DC5 Cat > Tegiwa B Pipe (Silenced) > Tegiwa Backbox

This exhaust was perfect in both volume as it was really quiet around town but screaming on VTEC, unfortunately, the cat started blowing, and was fused to the B pipe (which is pretty much flat on the bottom due to being scraped) so I decided to treat my car to a new catback system!

Luckily, I had a replacement cat as when my DC5 manifold snapped originally I had to purchase a new one which I couldn't find anywhere/one selling them separately.

So, I got my new Tegiwa catback delivered and attempted to fit it, I couldn't get the lambda sensors out of the old cat so had to buy 2 new ones, then when trying to fit the replacement cat Tegiwa catback the bolt snapped in the manifold. I put it together minus the bolt but it was banging and rattling on the underside of the car so I drove it to a garage, when it got to the garage they got the bolt out and put a clamp around the B pipe to pull it over as the backbox was catching on the rear ARB. Everything was fine apart from the exhaust is SO GOD DAMN LOUD AND DRONEY! Nothing like how it sounds on Youtube.... And I've no idea how people fit these things to a standard EP3 as the jap mani/cat I have sit lower already!

Now I can hear vibrating all the way through the car on acceleration and I have had enough, does anybody have any ideas???

Sounds like the exhaust isn't fitted correctly. I don't get where they'd clamp the b pipe to make it move over. It's probably vibrating through the floor where it's hitting or something.
I've never owned one. But there's a lot of people with them. Only complaints I've seen is when they crack.

Thanks for the reply, I might take it to a garage and get it re-fitted properly, but I'm confused as to how it can't be fitted properly?

It's really strange as there is a tiny gap between the body of the car and the exhaust, yet my spoon b pipe used to hang so low!

Hi Tom9z, I'm looking at pretty much the same set up you had before and hoping you can help me -

"Previous: Integra DC5 Manifold > Integra DC5 Cat > Spoon B Pipe (Silenced) > Standard Back Box"

Did you have a map done at the same time or did you run it without a map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had both your setups there, currently on the tegiwa now and it is quieter than the sppon b pipe/oem

Ive found all my cat backs to fit no quite perfect and put it down to the dc5 mani . Makes my b pipe sit right close to the car between first n second bend on b pipe, i ripped a heat shieild off there but still get the drone in heavy rain thing

How loud is it? Very? Is it blowing now?

I meant the Tegiwa catback is quite deep and drone when accelerating around 2-3k i found. Grand when cruising.

Back